Pallets are flat, often wooden, structures used as a base while handling transport and storage of goods in trucks and lorries. So, how many pallets in a 26ft box truck and how can you stack them to manage the inside cargo space of 26 foot box truck height?
In this guide (read time: 2 minutes), we explain how many fit pallet in straight truck, standard sizes, how many pallets capacity, weight and carrier height as well how to load your cargo to maximize internal storage inside and meet highest rating possible.
- 1 How Many Pallets Fit in a Truck – 26ft Vehicle?
- 2 Popular Sizes and Dimensions of Pallet
- 3 How Wide is An Average Pallet for Shipping?
- 4 How Much Does a Pallet Weigh?
- 5 What Are Pallets Made Of and Types of Pallets
- 6 Can Two Pallets Be Stacked Side by Side In a 26 ft Box Truck?
- 7 How to Load for Maximum Space Usage?
- 8 FAQ about how many pallets fit in a 26ft!
- 9 How many skids fit-in 26 foot box trucks?
- 10 How many pallets can contain in a 28ft box van?
- 11 How many pallet in a 24ft truck?
- 12 How many pallets in a 14′ box-truck?
- 13 How do you calculate truck loading capacity?
- 14 How many boxes in a 26 foot vehicle?
- 15 Summary of how many pallet in 26-ft truck top to bottom!
How Many Pallets Fit in a Truck – 26ft Vehicle?
Now, how many pallets fit on a 26 foot? Using a 48 x 40 standard-sized pallet, a 26ft can fit up to 12 pallets conveniently depending on how roomy your 26ft moveing-truck is. So if you have heavy goods, make sure each pallet has high load capacity. While paying attention to the number of skids, ensure that your load does not exceed the height and weight capacity.
Popular Sizes and Dimensions of Pallet
The phrase “standard pallet size” is often said but in reality, it is relative to various industries. Many times, manufacturers have custom-sized pallet made for their products. Generally, these are the standard pallet sizes available:
- 48 x 40: This is the standard size chosen by the Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) and design of this size are caller GMA. It is the most popular size pallet made and is used to transport groceries.
- 42 x 42: It is used in the telecommunications industry for transporting equipment and also in the paint industry.
- 48 x 48: It is the largest standard pallet size and is used to transport drums that contain liquid.
- 48 x 45: It is used in the automotive industry
- 36 x 36: It is commonly used in the beverage industry to transport bottled water and beverages.
How Wide is An Average Pallet for Shipping?
So, how many pallet can a 26 ft box truck hold? Typically, the average width size for one shipping pallet is about 40 inches. However, you may find skids with different width sizes that fit as well.
Obtaining the perfect width size that fit in perfectly, depends on several factors including the size of the boxes that are being shipped.
A 26 ft box van, for instance, will hold as many as 12-pallets, with two stacked pallets fit next to each other. On the other hand, a 20 ft will only be able to take 10 pallet shipping.
How Much Does a Pallet Weigh?
The average weight for a shipping-pallet is between 35 to 40 lbs, although pallet weights are specific to their materials. Wood pallets tend to weigh less compared to the ones made with metal and plastic types are the least heavy.
Wood pallets can weigh up to 75 lbs, while steel types can be as heavy as 165 lbs. Plastic pallets which are the least heavy can weigh up to 50 lbs. Preferably, choose a pallet that doesn’t weigh above 45 lbs to prevent an overload with excess weight. In same vein discover how much weight can a 26-ft box truck carry guide!
What Are Pallets Made Of and Types of Pallets
There are different types of pallets available and they can be classified based on the material used to construct them, their design, and their entryway.
Wood is the most common material used for building pallet. Wooden pallets are used for transporting or truckload shipping and also for storage purposes in warehouses.
It is popular because it is affordable and can be recycled. The strength of the pallet is dependent on the type of wood used and how it is constructed.
Metal is another material that is used for building pallets. Metal ones are strong and durable. In the event of damage, they can easily be mended. They are usually heavy and tend to add to the weight of your shipment increasing your shipping cost.
Plastic pallets are not expensive but their use is highly discouraged because they are not recyclable. They are also not strong enough to carry heavy loads.
Cardboard pallets are mostly used inside boxes for packaging because of their characteristics. They are lightweight, recyclable, inexpensive, and cannot withstand heavyweight.
- Block Pallet
A block pallet has a four-way entry by design and is the more durable option. It has nine 4×4 inch wood blocks holding it at all ends and in the middle.
- Stringer Pallet
Stringer pallet is the common type of pallet available. It has three 2×4 boards (stringer) on both sides of the pallet and one running through the middle.
- Two-way Entry: Two-way entry pallets have openings on only two-sides for the forklifts.
- Four-way Entry: Four-way entry have openings on all four sides of the pallet.
Can Two Pallets Be Stacked Side by Side In a 26 ft Box Truck?
And, how many pallets fit in a box-truck of 26 foot size? Of course, two-pallet can be stacked side by side. The interior width is about 96 inches. Apparently, this large truck can take two of a pallet manufactured in accordance with the GMA standard – from highest to lowest rating.
And if you are wondering how many can fit on a 26ft moving-truck, you only need 12 of these flat structures on moving wagon this large. But that is not to say that many pallets can fit in all box trucks. 18ft sizes can only take about 9 shipping pallets, while a 20 ft will take about 10.
How to Load for Maximum Space Usage?
There are precautions to take and techniques to use while loading with pallets. Some of the precautions include:
- You must ensure you are using the right size of pallet. For example, a 20ft will not fit 48×48 sized pallets conveniently. If possible, have custom sized pallet made for your truck and packaging.
- Avoid placing a load that extends beyond the length and width of your pallet. This ensures efficient use of the truck and makes securing your shipment efficient.
- Take note of your pallet’s load capacity before placing your cargoes on it. Maximize the use of your payload capacity by purchasing some with high load capacity. Broken pallets in transit will make a mess of your shipping.
And if you have bigger box-van such as 53 foot trailer, read how many pallets fit in a 53 foot reefer trailer and trucks!
To make efficient use of your pallet and the space available in your truck, take note of the following techniques:
- Build stable base
For each pallet, ensure that the heavy loads are placed first to create a solid base. Many other crates can then be placed on it. When placing your boxes, aim for the cubic shape to maximize your pallet.
- Avoid overhanging
Ensure that you pick the right crates for your pallet. Your crates are better aligned to the edge of your pallet than hanging out. Asides from the fact that overhanging carton cannot be secured properly, they take up space meant for pallets.
- Overlapping brick pattern and rotated layers
To maximize the room available within the cargo space, avoid arranging your pallets in the same direction. Employ the overlapping brick pattern. You can also rotate each layer of carton to create a rigid and compact structure.
FAQ about how many pallets fit in a 26ft!
How many skids fit-in 26 foot box trucks?
Skids have roughly the same dimensions and a 26ft box truck can take as many as 12 skids. When comparing pallets vs skids, deciding the appropriate option for your shipment depends on a number of factors.
For example, you need to consider the convenience, cost and durability of both structures. Although they’re more durable than skids, they are also more expensive and space-consuming and must meet AGO rating.
How many pallets can contain in a 28ft box van?
A 28 ft can conveniently take as many as 16 standard pallets. However, it can take up to 14 of a 42 by 42 pallet mostly used to ship paints and telecommunication products.
How many pallet in a 24ft truck?
How many fit in a 24′? You can fit in 12 standard laid side by side in a 24ft. That means, each row will have a total of 6 pallets.
How many pallets in a 14′ box-truck?
Only 6 pallets can fit in a 14’. Since a 14 ft is relatively shorter measuring about only 167 inches in length. Hence, you can’t have more than three on each row.
How do you calculate truck loading capacity?
To calculate the truckload capacity, you need to find out its Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) and its curb weight. The GVWR is the maximum safe weight while its curb weight is its empty weight. To find out your payload capacity, you need to subtract the curb weight from the GVWR.
Truckload capacity = GVWR – Curb weight
How many boxes in a 26 foot vehicle?
So, how many carton can fit in a 26 foot truck? On average, a 26′ can fit in up to 12 pallets or 500 medium-sized ones. It can also be used to transport about 15 medium-sized furniture items.
Summary of how many pallet in 26-ft truck top to bottom!
Finally your query, how many pallets fit a 26ft box-van or straight truck from top to bottom, have not only been adequately expertly answered but most related questions about how much pallet weight, proper stacking, dimensions have been answered.
Before choosing the type and size of the pallet to use, you should consider the space available in your truck, the payload capacity of your truck, and the weight of your stuff.